At Trinity Church we endeavor to live by the words from Mark 12:29-31, which also appear in the Book of Common Prayer. Jesus said, "...Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength...Love your neighbor as yourself."
Our opportunities for worship, for adult, teen and children's Christian formation, for outreach and for "in-reach" are all designed to help us engage with each other and with our Lord, as we receive and show our love of God and neighbor. Come to Trinity Episcopal Church in Fishkill, NY and you'll be invited to join in worship and Eucharist every Sunday with about 40 other people at the 8 AM Rite I, or 120 other people at the 10 AM Rite II services from the 1979 Book of Common Prayer. Saturday evening Eucharist, at 5 PM, is a bit less formal, with families and individuals assuming the normally 'assigned' roles during worship on an ad hoc basis.
You'll also find Christian formation for all ages, with Godly Play children's and Journey to Adulthood youth programs mainly on Sunday mornings. You'll be encouraged to love your neighbors by putting your mind, heart, and hands to work as part of Trinity's vital, multigenerational parish family. We engage in a variety of ministries both within the parish, out in the local community, and in the wider world.
Loving the Lord our God and our neighbors is lived by the people of Trinity Church from practical perspectives such as providing handicapped access to our Revolutionary War-era, air-conditioned church building and by the inviting use of our Parish House. The Parish House is adjacent to the church building and contains classrooms, restrooms, fellowship hall and kitchen.
We worship dressed comfortably as we would for school or work, and minister to each other in a social setting in the fellowship hall after the 10 AM service. Coffee or juice and finger-foods are provided by pairs of volunteers. Our Outreach Committee keeps us focused on ways in which we may show our love of our "neighbors" in surrounding pews at Trinity on Sundays, in nearby towns, as well as in Haiti.
Wherever you are on your spiritual journey and whatever your race, marital status, gender, sexual orientation or age, come to Trinity to join others who are also seeking a deeper understanding of how God speaks to us through Scripture, of how God works in and through each of us, and how we can respond as a community to build relationship with God and with each other. We would be blessed by your presence and participation.
Blessed by God's Grace and enriched by our heritage, Trinity Church's mission is to glorify God by serving our congregation and our community by proclaiming the love and power of God in Christ Jesus.
We are committed:
- to glorifying God through communal worship enriched by music
- to caring for and about community members in times of personal difficulties
- to enlisting and training every member for ministry based upon individual spiritual gifts
- to fostering a positive attitude in our parishioners towards their involvement in meeting the needs of the poor and less fortunate in society
- to integrating new members into the fellowship of the Church and assimilating new believers into Christian life
- to building and maintaining functional and attractive facilities
- to using our time, talents, finances and environmental resources for God's work
- to providing quality Christian education based upon scripture, tradition, and reason for members of all ages
Welcome to Trinity Episcopal Church! We look forward to including you in our worship and activities.